My fiancé and I share a predilection for culture and travel so I took the liberty of creating a list of places we want to see in the future. I have curtailed our choices to that of which our budget can sustain.
1. Bruny Island, Tasmania – North Bruny and South Bruny are adjoined by a beautiful narrow isthmus and is the home of an iconic Australian lighthouse. The island offers boating and fishing in crystal blue seas.
2. Machu Picchu in Peru – “The Lost City of the Incas” lies on a mountain ridge in the Urubamba Valley. The terraces, llamas, temple and spectacular view are some of the wonderful sites to discover on the mountain.
3. Catacombs of Paris, France – Underneath the City of Romance lies a tunnel which leads to crypts in the renovated section of the Catacombs. Human skulls are embedded on the cavern walls.
4. Santorini Island, Greece – A volcanic land form which slopes downward towards the Aegean Sea nestled by a captivating group of islands.
5.Tokyo, Japan - Beyond the city lights lies an exotic cuisine that will tickle any palate. The city’s best attractions are accessible without ever hailing for public transportation.
6. Huatulco, Mexico - The convergence of a rich culture, white beaches and an extensive shoreline is absolutely perfect for honeymooners.
7. Loquillo Beach, Puerto Rico – One of the most popular public beaches in the San Juan area surrounded by palm trees and refined sand.
8. Fuentes Georginas in Guatemala – Enjoy soothing thermo baths nestled in the vicinity of the Zunil volcano. Immerse yourself in a natural paradise with a tourist center for guests.
9. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Savor the lush music scene, night life, fishing villages and well known beaches conveniently situated in close proximity of the city.
10. Piazza Campidoglio in Italy – Michelangelo’s original design of the square became the center of civic government in the Middle Ages. Witness the exquisite works of art and architecture in the world of ancient Rome.
Now that you've seen mine, where would you like to go?