Saturday, March 3, 2012

From 32 to 30

Hey Guys!

I've been M.I.A. for quite some time. I'm attempting to dedicate more of my energy back to blogging as I've missed it tremendously. I have recently undergone oral surgery and I figured that I can redeem myself from sharing my story.

Are you one of the unfortunate ones who have to deal with wisdom teeth? Some lucky folks are born without them. Mine grew when I turned 14 prior to getting my braces. My teeth were overcrowded so my Orthodontist pulled two upper and two lower teeth leaving me with 32 teeth, 16 above and 16 below (including the wisdom teeth).

I am now 24 and I just had 2 of my bottom teeth removed. They were horizontal impacted teeth. The lower right portion was so severe that it infected the area around the tooth and my body was rejecting it. The lower left grew into the tooth next to it that the Orthodontist had to slice the neighboring tooth in half and I now need a root canal.

GET THEM OUT A.S.A.P. Seriously, don't even wait for your wisdom teeth to fully erupt.

I got laughing gas and an IV for my surgery. My doctor was amazing! I went to UCLA for the surgery and they took great care of me. My doctor waived the anesthesia fee so I only had to pay for extracting my two lower teeth which cost me $300.00. I remember shaking like a mother ******* towards the end of the surgery and waking up to a sore mouth. I was given a goodie bag with a couple of gauze pads, care instructions, syringe for irrigation and my prescription.

 Swollen after the surgery
My goodies :)

I'm still healing and my face isn't as swollen so I'm thankful. The feeling is highly uncomfortable but hey, it's over and I'm glad they're gone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment in good faith and respect my space as I do with yours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No shameless self promotions, please. Comments with URLs leading to personal blogs will be DELETED.

Exception: Giveaway Posts